Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sambal Fried Rice

After my nap earlier, felt so hungry and wondered what I should make for dinner. I had fresh prawns in the fridge and some leftover chicken and fried fish sambal...I had an idea. I'd make fried rice out of them.

I sliced some red onions and bird's eye chillies. In a wok, placed 2 tablespoons of oil, and stir fry the onion in medium heat till slight brown. Pop the fresh prawns in and continue to stir fry till the prawns were cooked. I cracked an egg and scrambled gently, poured in 2 cups of rice and added anchovies seasoning. I didn't use salt as the seasoning was enough to taste. This fried rice recipe is flexible so you can use seasoning of your choice. I personally feel either chicken or anchovies seasoning work well.

Then, I poured in the leftover fried fish sambal and chicken into the rice and continue tossing them till the rice has uniform color. Beforehand, I shredded the fish and chicken into small pieces. You can use your leftover grilled fish, chicken or meat for this recipe. Leftover grilled fish or chicken taste the best. However, you can also use boiled chicken breast for this recipe. 

This recipe serves 2. But if you're cooking for the whole family, you can always add more ingredients to balance the amount of rice you use. Happy trying and bon appetite! =)



0 comments:

Post a Comment